Most of us believe that the best way to spend a vacation is to spend more. We want stay at that beach resort with a private pool or beach or even better, at that water bungalow. We wish to experience those heavenly sounding services at the spas. We just want to make the holiday perfect. It is true and fair. But most of us have financial limitations. And the guilt of having spent up most of the savings does not leave us for a long time. In the pursuit of that ideal holiday, we miss to enjoy the little joys of holidaying with loved ones. But it need not necessarily be so. Here are a few tips to remember for an exciting and guilt free holiday.
- Plan In Advance: Be it the accommodation, food or activities, there are always many choices available. And you will almost certainly find that exciting yet economic option that fits you. But only if you search enough. Once decided on the destination, look out for the best way to spend your budget. A search on the internet will give you many ideas. Or you can ask the folks online for suggestions. If you have friends who have traveled to the place before, they can be of help.
Also read all aspects of the place you are traveling to. This will help build extra excitement.
- Be open to Experiment: Nothing will build more memories than a new experience. Have you always looked for comfort. For a change try the inexpensive guest houses. Or that small inn that is far from the main tourist attractions. It may be away from conveniences but it will have a more local touch to it. By inexpensive, I am not talking low on quality. If one looks for enough, one can always find that underrated gem of a place or food.
- Explore: Don’t follow the trodden path. Take a diversion. You might just make a new discovery. Take an early morning walk and you will see beautiful sights that nobody told you, existed. And it does not cost a dime. But wherever you go, do keep safety in mind at all times. Always have a companion while venturing isolated places.
- Live the Local Flavors: Remember this is your chance to understand another world. Take interest in the lifestyle and culture of the place. Not only will this make your holiday exciting, you might help spread awareness about the local community by talking about it to friends. Try the local food. No restaurant will probably make that food in a more authentic way than its made there and you can get it cheap too.
- Adventure: Dont miss on adventure that you can have. It is imporatnt to do some physical activities as doing that will awaken your senses more than any spa treatment can. You can swim in a pond if your hotel does not have a pool. You can take an early morning bicycle ride or climb a hill andyou will have ample things to talk about when you return.
So the next time you make an escape, be the real traveler, the explorer. Great holidays are all about making beautiful memories. So go ahead and have a thriller of a holiday and that too without feeling guilty of having spent too much.